Tour de Midwest


We made a mad dash from Maryland to Indiana and Michigan to visit my family before heading to Brooklyn to meet up with the trailer filled with our worldly possessions. It was our first road trip in our new ride -- a 2001 Prius we bought from our dear friend B. I'm not sure what was more exciting, our MPG or seeing MJV (Maggie, Joe and Veronica). Probably the latter, but I sure was stoked about getting close to 50 miles per gallon...

Our first stop was the Karbans in South Bend, IN to check out their splendid new house. We're so happy for them! It's a spacious brick beauty with a large backyard featuring an enormous oak tree. The house has a great warmth to it. I know my sis and her family will be very happy there.

M, J and V are wonderful, thoughtful cousins to Viv. Always wanting to hold her, hug her, and help out. Maggie was a little jealous -- on more than one occasion she said: "I'm littler than Vivian." Maybe she was referring to the size of their heads?

Next stop Tom and Jo's in MI. We had some beers and BBQ on the back deck and John read to us while Tommy charmed us with that Shea wit. I can't imagine trying to do schoolwork in such a resort-like setting -- I'm sure the post-schoolwork sundaes helped. We spent a day and a half with my Mom and Dad, but unfortunately didn't take any photos. Vivian came down with a 102 temp and was not her charming, flirtatious self. I guess that's why the camera never came out. Sorry Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Popular Posts